Volunteering is a great way to make a difference and get to know our diverse community. We are always recruiting enthusiastic volunteers, and make the most of your time and skills to accomplish FACGC's mission and purposes.
Program roles often require the ability to volunteer on a regular schedule: the same day and time each week. We generally ask for a minimum of a six-month commitment when volunteering in a program.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS 21 YEARS AND OLDER:
- Delight in making a difference and working with the public.
- Commit to a minimum of ten volunteer hours per month.
- Visit and familiarize themselves with the FACGC's policies and procedures and programs in order to answer visitor questions confidently.
- Attend in-service training.
Please complete the following Google Form in order to submit an application.
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer process, please reach out to Sally Velasco at firstname.lastname@example.org.Volunteer Application
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS 18 YEARS AND YOUNGER:
- Have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- Be accompanied and actively supervised by an authorized adult.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied and actively supervised by a parent or legal guardian.
- We require one (1) adult chaperone per every ten (10) volunteers age 18 or under.
To discuss youth volunteer opportunities, please contact Sally Velasco at email@example.com.
Becoming a program volunteer at Rizal Center has many benefits. You’ll be joining a team of volunteers and staff working together to build community and write the next chapter of our organization. Here are some of the benefits volunteering can provide:
- Personal and professional growth: strengthen your existing skills and learn new skills as you volunteer.
- Work in a community center that embraces and reflects the diversity of our community. Meet new people and expand your worldview.
- Make a difference! Every volunteer role is designed to fill a need in our community – your work changes lives.
- Provides you with a sense of purpose.
- Increase your social skills
- Improves self-esteem
- Teaches you valuable skills
- Provides job prospects
- Brings fun into your life
- Provides a sense of community
All volunteers are encouraged to become members of the Filipino American Council of Greater Chicago's Bayanihan Volunteer Circles:
- Fundraising and Development Circle (special events and direct donation solicitation, grants, etc.)
- Legal and Governance Circle (compliance with IRS, AGO, and SOS, Directors and officers Empowerment; policies and procedures; recommendations on changes to the constitution and bylaws of the organization, etc.)
- Financial and Administration Circle (accounting, auditing, human resources, rental management, IRS/AGO/SOS reporting, D&O insurance, staffing, and supervision, etc.)
- Outreach and Volunteers Circle (outreach and volunteers’ recruitment, training, education, etc.)
- Facility Circle ( building upkeep, events scheduling, repair and renovation, security, property insurance, etc.)
- Communications Circle: (media relations, press statements, press conferences, historical documentation, image building, and events management, etc. )
- Programs Circle (Program services design, implementation, evaluation, and quality improvement, etc.,
You can find our policies here
The first step in becoming a FACGC volunteer is attending a New Volunteer Orientation where you will learn about FACGC and the Rizal Community Center, and the many ways you can help as a volunteer.
In the meantime, if you have a skill or energy to spare and share, please tell us. We have a long list of tasks in our rewriting of the next chapter of the Rizal Community Center! Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-773-541-1725.